Jun 08, 2017 12:29 PM
Author: Mike Steward
Inspired by a punter who wrote in this week to thank us for introducing him to the idea of placing multiple bets in a single race. The punter. who wishes to remain anonymous, took particular interest in a few articles that we wrote back in 2015 outlining an approach to back more than one selection in a race for a certain profit level.
The punter explained that he has used the multi-bet approach for about 50% of the bets he has placed since reading the articles, and has improved his profitability steadily over the past few years as a result.
He continued to report that he is currently on a winning streak spanning 15 races over the past two weeks. Taking three horses in each race, his profit has averaged 19% from each race. Investing $300 per race he tells us that he is currently sitting on $855 profit over the fortnight.
Multi-bet Facebook Competition - your chance to shine
We're giving you a chance to show how well you can do picking three runners in a race.
Enter our Multi-bet Last Man Standing Competition. It's easy to play and we're offering $500 cash to the winner.
Here's what you do to free enter...
- Post 3 numbers here on our Multi-bet Last Man Standing Competition Facebook post corresponding to the 3 horses that you think are the best chance of winning the Group 1 Tattersall's Tiara on Saturday 17 June.
- If you pick the winner you get another crack in the nominated race in following week.
- If at least one person picks the winner in a weekly round then those who don't pick a winner are eliminated from the competition.
- If no one picks the winner in a particular round then all those participating in that round continue on in the next round of the competition.
- This process continues until we have one winner.
Nominated races will be posted under the Facebook post. You are responsible for checking that you have the right race before entering your numbers each week.
Bonus prize for the winner
The Last Man Standing will receive a bonus prize if he/she shares the Facebook competition post before the day of the final round of the competition. The bonus prize is a 2 week subscription to Deane Lester's Premium Racing Package.
The package includes Deane's...
- top selections in each race for Melbourne's Saturday metropolitan meeting;
- speed maps for each race;
- staking plan for the meeting; and
- comments for every runner in every race.
The two week subscription is valued at $80.