Racing was at FLEMINGTON on Saturday. The track went from SOFT-7 to SOFT-6 with the rail TRUE. There was no mad pattern evident, perhaps edging away from those inside lanes as the day wore on was preferred.
Run of the Day
Thanks for voting, massive 1462 votes and SIRCCONI won with 39% of the vote from CHERRY TORTONI (32%) and the impressive HANDSPUN (19%).
- JOHNNY GET ANGRY (off heels at the 250m/ should've finished a bit closer),
- RICH CHARM (ride? too close? slow recovery rate),
- TAVISAN (straight?),
- EL QUESTRO (slow recovery),
- SNOGGING (poor recovery),
- STRETTO (wide/ very good),
- ALPHAVILLE (no luck in the straight),
- BARBIE’S FOX (never on the track),
- GARIMPEIRO (upside down),
- SMOKE BOMB (on wrong leg),
- CHAPEL CITY (wide),
- NEVER AGAIN (little room inside),
- MR MARATHON MAN (too keen again),
- PAUL’S REGRET (wide again/ good !),
- BEAUTY BOLT (lame),
- VISTABELLE (3-deep).
In Sydney it was RANDWICK and the track was a HEAVY-9 with the rail out 4m. Many declaring on-pace bias here but I doubt there was any sinister pattern.
In all nine races at least one of the trifecta came off midfield and in one of those races the quinella sat last and second-last. Let’s say it was no DISADVANTAGE to be handy.
- TRAVEST (beaten by barrier/ very good!),
- BAZOOKA (too wet?),
- FLORA BEL (too wide),
- FAIR DINKUM (wide/ too wet),
- BEST STONE (heavy-9 against),
- KEY LARGO (pulled stupidly),
- SUPERIUM (wide/ ran well),
- LASHES (poor recovery),
- HE RUNS AWAY (ran to outside?),
- THE GETAWAY (wide),
- LADY HIGHLY (poor recovery),
- OUTBACK DIVA (wide/ terrific),
- MISS REDOUBLE (cardiac arrhythmia),
- RARI (no peace),
- BERGEN (Heavy-9?),
- BIGBOYROY (no cover/ heavy-9??).