Author: Mike Steward May 28, 2012 06:36 PM
Punters take the lead with convincing victory
The Punters took the lead once again on Saturday after a convincing victory over the Media Tipsters. The Punters combined return on invested funds from tips posted on Australian races on Saturday (assuming a $1 outlay for each tip) was 86.4% while the Media Tipsters could only manage 79.4%.
Towards the close of the day 14 of the Top 25 spots on the daily profit maker leader board were taken by Media Tipsters, indicating that a Media victory was on the cards. However the final tally has shown the Punters coming up with the victory. A closer look at the data shows a greater range in the Media performances which means the Top performers were weighed down by lesser performers by a greater degree than the Punters experienced.
Media tipsters in the Top 10 included:
- John Sibbald with 380% profit where 2 of his 3 best bet tips, Tromso and Scream Machine at Rosehill won
- Russell Leonard with 220% profit, scoring a win with his single best bet at Mackay
- Adam Hamilton with 213% profit - 3 wins from 3 tips taken from his multi specials and best bet tip
- Chris Roots with 150% profit scoring with a winner at both Caulfield and Rosehill
- Deane Lester with 143% profit scoring with 7 winners across Doomben, Caulfield and Ballarat.
Punters in the Top 10 included:
- Pharlap with 317% profit achieved from one $16.70 winner at Toowoomba from his 4 tips on the day.
- Tajrossi3, from Tajodds.com, bagged 2 winners from his 5 tips at Ballarat paying $4.90 and $11.40 to provide his followers with an excellent 226% profit on the day
- TheBadge, continued good recent form with 1 from 1 for 170% profit
- Propunter tipped 2 winners from his 5 tips to finish with 142% profit.
Punters looking to join the Media Vs Punters Challenge should register and tip on Saturday's at theGreatTipOff.com on any Australian race meetings. Your results will contribute to the Punters score and hopefully take them to victory.