Feb 09, 2018 01:21 PM
Author: Mike Steward
Professional punter certification - are you good enough?
We've updated the way we certify professional punters after taking onboard feedback from those who post their bets and selections, and those who use them on theGreatTipOff.com.
The new approach is more dynamic, recognising that a professional punter certification needs to consider key facts like:
- changes in a punters performance
- their volume of bets and tips; and
- how recently the punter has been active.
As of Friday 9 February 2018 the following criteria is used to determine professional punter status. The status label against each punter will appear or be removed automatically based on the statistics assessed at the end of each punting day.
- Punters must post at least 45 tips to be eligible; and
- Punters must achieve one of the following:
- double digit profit over one or more of the following periods.
- 365 days (12 months)
- 180 days (6 months)
- 90 days (3 months)
- if the punter has submitted bets or tips for over 12 months and registered at least 80 selections, their life-time betting/tipping history must be in profit (i.e. greater than 0% profit on turnover).
If this criteria is met PRO status appears next to the punter's title otherwise a PUNTER status appears.